Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Durkee's - gotta have it

What can Thanksgiving possibly be without Durkee's? Or, rather, post-Thanksgiving...

Ever since 550 Warder Avenue, I have wanted Durkee's on my turkey sandwiches. There have been only a few times that I haven't had it, and that has usually been because my local store, wherever I was living at the time, didn't carry Durkee's.

Before the jar is empty, I have purchased the next one. I'm about at the bottom of this jar, and I know there is a fresh jar in my pantry.

My particular store doesn't know where to stock it. They put it where they want it, and I always have to hunt for it. I'd like to find it with the mustard and the ketchup, but I have to hunt it down in the salad dressing section. They don't carry much of it - many only one jar-width on the shelf.

Maybe this is why I don't move. I have finally trained myself to find it in my local store. If I move, I'll have to re-train myself - or maybe train the store manager.

So ... do you have to have Durkee's on your turkey sandwich?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home