Saturday, November 10, 2012

Last ride in 2012?

I love motorcycle riding, and I may have squeezed out the last nice day of riding in 2012. Today I rode about 50 miles here in northern Illinois and went to a Siberian husky rescue site, where they have about 100 dogs they have rescued.

If the weather cooperates, I might get in a short ride tomorrow - between raindrops.

In August I rode to Annapolis, then to Richmond and Columbia, S.C. Had a great 2,500-mile ride. Here I am at Jim's boatyard in Annapolis.

Next year? Hoping for several long rides, including Florida and Colorado. Yippee!!!

And here's my favorite license plate. I got it when I got the bike in 1999. In 2000 I rode to Denver, and somewhere in western Kansas the plate disappeared.

I've always thought that a couple of bikers I spoke to at a rest stop snatched it while I was using the facilities, but I'll never know. Maybe they had a friend named Gus. I noticed it was gone when I arrived in Boulder at the end of a 660-mile day.

I dutifully reported the loss to the Boulder PD and got a copy of the police statement, just in case I got stopped on the way home. I didn't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home