Sunday, November 18, 2012

Locked in the bathroom - safe?

One day, in the house on Warder Avenue, Clellie and Al were sitting in the living room (before they were married, I think), and I sneaked down the stairs and shot Al with my water pistol from the steps. When was that? Clellie will have to add the year.

I scooted back upstairs and ran into the bathroom, slamming and locking the door behind me. I was safe! I knew he couldn't get me, so I sat there and laughed.

I should have known better.

It wasn't but about two shakes and that door opened. I have forgotten (I mean, it has only been 65 years or so) what kind of lock was in that door knob, but it only took Al seconds to pick it. I don't recall know whether a "skeleton" key would have done the trick, or if it was one of those locks where you just stick a nail through a hole to trip the lock. I think it was probably a skeleton key, and Al had what he needed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home