Sunday, February 10, 2013

I found my Christmas Stocking!!!!


I knew I had my Christmas stocking - I thought I knew exactly where it was - I was close, it WAS in the basement, but not where I thought. Anyway, I found it, and put it up on the fireplace. Will Santa still come, even though it is February?

I saw Clellie's stocking in her New Year's letter, and Gus posted a photo of his stocking, and here's mine - Betsy, it's 2013, do you know where your stocking is?

I have been meaning to do this for a long time, but was motivated by a chain of e-mails between Dan and Clellie.  Clellie made stocking for my three children when they were small. When Dan saw Clellie's New Year's letter he was reminded of his stocking, and asked Linda to look for it. She found it and sent it to him, and he imagined how nice it would be for his three children to each have one - and sent Clel an e-mail.  She replied that she was booked up solid, making a scrapbook for a great granddaughter and a quilt for Brian's wedding.

I was extremely pleased that Dan and Diana wanted their children to have "Philpott Stockings" for Angela, James and Peter - I think he will be able to find someone to make them using his as a pattern - if not I will look for someone here.

I was at Russ and Mandy's over Christmas, and Russ had his original stocking hung by the chimney with care, and Mandy, Alison, Alexandra and Aiden had very similar stockings - it just looked right!

So, what I'm getting to, is to say a great big Thank You to Clellie, for making stockings for my children, and I don't know how many more (she said she has made 50 stockings!) - what a nice, long-lasting tradition - and it never would have been possible if Clel had not made all the stocking for the next generations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home