Saturday, December 26, 2015

64 Years! Believe it or not.

Click to enlarge image
2015 marks the 64th year that my sister, Clel Shore, and I have exchanged the same greeting card!

On Christmas 1951 she first gave it to me in University City, Mo. I tucked it away and gave it back to her the next year. And then she saved it and gave it to me in 1953. Somewhere along the way I removed the $1.00 Silver Certificate and removed it with a $2 bill. And then, one year, a Silver Certificate returned.

It has traveled safely across many miles between her residences in Missouri, New Jersey and Florida. And for me, through even more states: Missouri, Colorado, Iowa, Illinois, Colorado, Kansas, Colorado, Arizona, Texas, Colorado, Missouri, Virginia, Illinois, and now South Carolina.

 Many thanks to the USPS for its safe travels!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home