Monday, December 16, 2019

About our sister, Clellie

Today would have been Clellie's 89th birthday. She was born December 16, 1930.

I often think about the family home at 550 Warder Avenue in University City, Mo. It was a 3-bedroom, 1½-bath, brick house, and it was home to Mom, Dad and us four kids. Mom and Dad had their room; Clellie had hers; and Betsy, Jim and I had the bigger bedroom that opened onto a two-story screened porch.


This photo was taken in 2017, when I was in U. City for my 50th high-school reunion. The ol' house looks a little different now. The screened porch is no longer two-story enclosed.

Clellie had a Jeep and loved to tear about Clayton  She was strong and independent. Lots of good memories about her.

For years we exchanged a "money" gift envelope at Christmas. She gave it to me in 1951, and I saved it and gave it back to her in 1952. And then she gave it back to me in 1953. And back and forth it went every year, without interruption. We exchanged it right through December 2017.

Clellie went on her way on August 15, 2018. I just looked th. rough a box of picture that came my way after the memorial service. So glad to have them. I miss you, Clellie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home